From: Roger Davis [mailto:sds_rdavis(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 5:46 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Old concrete

Go to the Concrete Reinforcing Institute web page and get Engineering Data Report Number 48 "Evaluation of Reinforcing Bars in Old Reinforced Concrete Structure".

Roger Davis

Architect

SDS Architects, Inc.

"Brian K. Smith" <smithegr(--nospam--at)bellsouth.net> wrote:

    I am working on adding some roof top units to an existing building.  Date of original construction is unknown.  The roof framing consists of a 4.5" concrete slab on 8"x14" monolithic beams with square columns.  In a few areas, the slab was demo'd previously for added vents, etc.  The rebar is 1/2" square and twisted, 7"oc each way.  Anyone ever seen such?

Brian K. Smith, P.E.

Roger Davis

Architect

SDS Architects, Inc.