Concrete Joist Construction

I am trying to analyze a concrete floor joist system for additional load.  It’s a five span continuous 18 ½” deep joist system that ties into pretty wide concrete beams on the column lines (48”x18½”).  Based upon the reinforcing, it looks like the designer evaluated the design moments at the face of the beam, and not the center of the beam.

Is there something in ACI that allows you to do this?  I’ve been looking, but I haven’t found anything on it yet.  I’ve heard of doing this when a beam frames into a column, since the column can be considered infinitely rigid in comparison to the beam.

Brian S Bossley, PE

Ventura Engineering

7610 Olentangy River Rd

Columbus, OH 43235