From: "Rich Lewis" <seaint04(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Rebar Hoks & Bend Details
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 08:49:33 -0600

I'm submitting a project for the first time to a plan reviewer in Las Vegas.
I've been asked by the plan reviewer to detail rebar hooks and bends.  I've
never been asked to do this before by any other plan reviewer.  In my
General Notes I always state the following: "DETAILING OF CONCRETE
REINFORCING BARS AND ACCESSORIES SHALL CONFORM TO THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF
ACI-315, "DETAILS AND DETAILING OF CONCRETE REINFORCEMENT" ACI SP-66"
DETAILING MANUAL". PLACING OF REINFORCING BARS SHALL CONFORM TO THE
RECOMMENDATIONS OF ACI 315R "MANUAL OF ENGINEERING AND PLACEMENT DRAWINGS
FOR REINFORCED CONCRETE STRUCTURES" AND CRSI "MANUAL OF STANDARD PRACTICE".

Do engineers in Las Vegas have to repeat the typical bend details of ACI on
their drawings?  How is this typically handled?

Thanks for any insight.

Rich