From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 7:39 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Rebar Hoks & Bend Details

I do not think that he is asking you to generate a full set of bar
details
that the suppliers usually generate.  I believe what he is asking is for
you
to show the hooks, hoops, and bars more to scale.  This is not
unreasonable.

I have seen more than a few details change when an engineer actually
visualizes the radius required on the bend of a #8 bar.  Those nice neat
90
degree bends are easy to draw and impossible to fabricate.  What you may

find is that you do not have enough room to develop the bar.  I have
converted more than a few hooks to "Terminators" due to clearance and
development issues.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

>From: "Rich Lewis" <seaint04(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
>To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
>Subject: Rebar Hoks & Bend Details
>Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 08:49:33 -0600
>
>I'm submitting a project for the first time to a plan reviewer in Las
>Vegas.
>I've been asked by the plan reviewer to detail rebar hooks and bends.
I've
>never been asked to do this before by any other plan reviewer.  In my
>General Notes I always state the following: "DETAILING OF CONCRETE
>REINFORCING BARS AND ACCESSORIES SHALL CONFORM TO THE RECOMMENDATIONS
OF
>ACI-315, "DETAILS AND DETAILING OF CONCRETE REINFORCEMENT" ACI SP-66"
>DETAILING MANUAL". PLACING OF REINFORCING BARS SHALL CONFORM TO THE
>RECOMMENDATIONS OF ACI 315R "MANUAL OF ENGINEERING AND PLACEMENT
DRAWINGS
>FOR REINFORCED CONCRETE STRUCTURES" AND CRSI "MANUAL OF STANDARD
PRACTICE".

>Do engineers in Las Vegas have to repeat the typical bend details of
ACI on
>their drawings?  How is this typically handled?
>

>Thanks for any insight.
>

>Rich

WIN up to $10,000 in cash or prizes - enter the Microsoft Office Live
Sweepstakes http://clk..atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0050001581mrt/direct/01/