Re: Rebar Hooks & Bend Details

Rich,

Most structural "standard drawing" sets I have seen usually have a generic
detail for 90/180 degree primary reinforcement hook details and 90/135
degree details for hoops, stirrups, and ties.  I would not consider this
unreasonable especially in high seismic zones since the detailer could
easily miss some of these settle detail differences.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"Rich Lewis" <seaint04(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
12/05/2006 06:49 AM
Please respond to seaint

<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc

Subject
Rebar Hoks & Bend Details

Im submitting a project for the first time to a plan reviewer in Las
Vegas.  Ive been asked by the plan reviewer to detail rebar hooks and
bends.  Ive never been asked to do this before by any other plan
reviewer.  In my General Notes I always state the following: DETAILING OF
CONCRETE REINFORCING BARS AND ACCESSORIES SHALL CONFORM TO THE
RECOMMENDATIONS OF ACI315, "DETAILS AND DETAILING OF CONCRETE
REINFORCEMENT" ACI SP66" DETAILING MANUAL". PLACING OF REINFORCING BARS
SHALL CONFORM TO THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF ACI 315R "MANUAL OF ENGINEERING
AND PLACEMENT DRAWINGS FOR REINFORCED CONCRETE STRUCTURES" AND CRSI
"MANUAL OF STANDARD PRACTICE".

Do engineers in Las Vegas have to repeat the typical bend details of ACI
on their drawings?  How is this typically handled?

Thanks for any insight.

Rich

businessconfidential and/or privileged material.
the views of the company.

AdmID:1079942FB2332FDFCEF465AB348AEE7E