From: Jim Wilson [mailto:wilsonengineers(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 07:34
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Post frame building design

Thanks, Tom.

I did browse their web site, but this is a one-shot review only and I am not going to cough up that kind of money.

As one metal building contractor asked me lately, "How can I compete?"  I don't know how to answer that question when I see the way these buildings are built.  Perhaps the trend in this area is to construct a dumbed-down version of a legitimate structure, yet to still label it as a pole building.

Is there a summary engineering principal by which these stand up to lateral forces?  It seems so contradictory to acceptable practice.

Thanks,

Jim