Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Hiring practices[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Hiring practices
- From: "Josh Plummer" <joshp(--nospam--at)risatech.com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 11:01:33 -0800
Our copany (RISA Technologies) has had a
few positions to fill for awhile. We’re having a difficult time
finding qualified candidates who want to work in
Part of it may be that we have some unusual requirements for an engineer. Or maybe our positions are being viewed as something of a career change for the people who are applying. But, still it’s surpising how few candidates we’ve had. Is it really that booming of a job market that there just aren’t any engineers available?!
If so, what are the rest of you folks doing to deal with that situation? Are you going to recruiters? Are you hiring new grads rather than PE’s?
Every now and then I get flyers in the mail about an position where it’s obvious that it’s a mass marketing letter sent out to everyone who’s got a PE or SE or something. Maybe that’s the way to go, but it seems kind of extreme.
I’m looking forward to hearing what other folks are doing to attract quality employees.
Josh Plummer, SE
(949) 951-5815 (voice)
(949) 951-5848 (fax)
- Prev by Subject: Re: High Strength barrier?
- Next by Subject: RE: Hiring practices
- Previous by thread: listserve question
- Next by thread: RE: Hiring practices