Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 9:03 AM
Subject: RE: informal survey of listserve users

Martin,
I guess the system "as is" works best for me.

I created a separate account on Hotmail specifically for the list serve.  I
can administer that account specifically for the list as needed.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

>From: MWJohnson(--nospam--at)absconsulting.com
>To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
>Subject: informal survey of listserve users
>Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 08:49:58 -0800
>
>Hello all.
>After a long absence from this listserver in an attempt to reduce the
>flood of email that I get every day (futile, by the way), I have rejoined
>the server with the basic purpose to ask you all some questions about this
>service.
>
>SEAOSC, the sponsor of this listserver, is in the process of revamping our
>web pages. As a part of this, it is likely that they will restructure both
>the hardware and software aspects of the servers, including the
>maintenance of the servers.  Since the listserver is, at least in terms of
>bandwidth use, a large part of our server, and also since the listserver
>has largely been unchanged since it's original introduction, it seems
>appropriate to study if there might be better technologies that we might
>introduce to improve this service.
>
>I do not pretend to be an expert in this stuff, in fact I am quite the
>opposite.  I have done some looking around and it seems that format
>options are (a) the email messaging system that we now use, (b) something
>called "blogs" that I don't know much about, and (c) a message board
>format that many organizations use.  An example of an engineering message
>board can be found at www.eng-tips.com, which seems to have a nice
>organization but does not seem to promote responses to questions as much
>as our current system.  Also, it seems a bit too broad in the range of
>topics that it covers.
>
>Basically, I guess what I'm asking is, do you the users want to see any
>changes made in how this server operates, and if so, what?
>
>regards,
>Martin W. Johnson, S.E., SECB

Stay up-to-date with your friends through the Windows Live Spaces friends
list.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href="">

*   Read list FAQ at:
http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp