Re: informal survey of listserve users

I have used the SEAOC mailing list for many years and have been pleased with its format. However, I know that some people don't like the number of emails that come in.

I use a system from Santronics called WinServer. With it you can set up listservs (for both individual messages and digests) and conferences, or even have both options.

An RSS system might be a good way to go, but not many people have readers yet.

As I understand it, I don't think you want a blog.

I'd be leery of allowing attachments unless they can be posted for on-demand delivery. All it takes is some dummy posting a 5 Meg photo to bring the system to its knees.

Jay Shilstone