From: "Jimenez, Jorge A." <jajimenez(--nospam--at)csagroup.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Long pipeline seismic design
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 10:40:22 -0400

I found information in Internet regarding with the fuel pipelines
seismic design. The sources refers to the use of the 'Multiple Support
Excitation Analysis (MSEA)' for long pipelines, an approach developed
for the Trans-Alaska fuel pipeline. There are any federal regulations
that states the MSEA as a mandatory method for seismic analysis? Which
is the boundary between the use or not of the MSEA? What about for non
fuel-transmission pipelines, like long water lines? What about buried
pipelines?

Jorge Jimenez, PE

Puerto Rico