RE: Hiring practices

I don't work with or recruit new grads, most companies have an on campus presence program. If you not actively on campus and being a active community participant, tapping into these candidate pools is slim to none. These grads have multiple offers waiting for them before they graduate.

Offering internships is a great way to show your support and get good candidates plus referrals interested into know about how cool your operation is to work for.

My clients never hire non P.E.s from me unless it is on the CM side.

From: Josh Plummer [mailto:joshp(--nospam--at)risatech.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 9:50 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Hiring practices

I don’t mean to beat this issue to death, but I was curious to see what other companies are offering to New Grads.  I’m not really keen on hiring a new grad, but if the right person comes along I’d consider it.  I have to think that there would be a real price break associated with someone who has little or no experience.

Don’t get me wrong, our company offers a competitive salary.  It’s just a question of what’s the best bang for our buck.  I’m not going to hire an unlicensed CIVIL guy for 90k.  That’s just crazy talk.  My dog could design your average storm drain. :)

Josh Plummer, SE

RISA Technologies

support(--nospam--at)risatech.com

(949) 951-5815 (voice)