From: Gerard Madden, SE [mailto:gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 10:01 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Cc: Riquelme, Robert
Subject: Re: Hiring practices

Josh,

I went through a recruiter when ENRON hired me a few years back.

IIRC, the recruiter got paid a percentage of my salary if I lasted 3 months. I think it was in the 10-15% range as the fee for the salary.

Their biggest limitation, if that is the setup, is companies not wanting to pay the finders fee and then the employee takes off.

My personal opininon is that SE's are a fairly small community. Recruiters are probably a good way to go if you're re-locating, but if you're staying in the same area, you probably know all the firms in the area or can find out pretty easily.

Luckily, I got out of Enron about 4 months before it collapsed.

-g