RE: Caisson cold joint

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A caisson can refer to:
Neil

At 04:33 PM 12/7/2006, Conrad Harrison wrote:
Maybe a silly question but what is this caisson? I always thought a caisson was a dam like structure used to keep water out, whilst a hole was sunk in a river bed, for the construction of the foundations of bridges and the like. So are these light poles in the middle of a water feature: river, pond, lake?

Regards

Steven CONRAD Harrison
B.Tech (mfg & mech), MIIE, gradTIEAust

Roy Harrison & Associates