Re: informal survey of listserve users

Is there a way to strip the HTML at the listserve and distribute the messages as a plaintext-only service? I don't think the html adds anything to the list (apologies to those with fancy sigs). Oliver's alternate suggestion is a very good one, but I haven't seen that implemented in a digest mode on other listserves before. I've given up on digest mode in favor of using rules or separate emails to funnel the lists into folders in my email reader because they (the digests) can be so hard to read, especially with three or four layers of quoted text.

Jordan

Mueller, Oliver wrote:
I subscribe to this list in digest mode.

I have a problem that most messages nowadays are submitted in
HTML-emails. I always have the message first in text mode and then again in HTML
mode. Therefore I have to scroll through pages of hyroglyphes to get to
the subject I want to read.

Am I the only one who has this problem?
(Our mail server here is actually HTML capable, so that should not be
the problem)

A nice feature for the digest mode might be, that you have all subjects
listed on top and can click on it to get to the subject you want near
the bottom of the email.
That would require that the digest email is and HTML and not a text mail
as is right now.

Just my 2 cents.

Oliver Mueller P.E.
Bridge Engineer