Re: informal survey of listserve users

> From: "Mueller, Oliver" <Oliver.Mueller(--nospam--at)parsons.com>

> I subscribe to this list in digest mode.
>
> I have a problem that most messages nowadays are submitted in
> HTML-emails.=20
> I always have the message first in text mode and then again in HTML
> mode. Therefore I have to scroll through pages of hyroglyphes to get to
> the subject I want to read.
>
> Am I the only one who has this problem?
> (Our mail server here is actually HTML capable, so that should not be
> the problem)
>
> A nice feature for the digest mode might be, that you have all subjects
> listed on top and can click on it to get to the subject you want near
> the bottom of the email.
> That would require that the digest email is and HTML and not a text mail
> as is right now.

I have the same problem. Each message is packed in the digest unchanged.
So, the complete digest file is mixed which is not correct HTML format;
text-only, HTML and other non-HTML.

Either the digest packer will have to
1) strip the HTML from the individual messages, or
2) reformat the messages to be one large HTML message.

Alternately, somebody will have to find a Digest reader that recognizes
the multiple HTML messages in the Digest.

Regards
Paul
--
R. Paul Ransom, P. Eng.