spiral shank nails

I have done lots of web research on the list and awc.org, and looked thru my new AFPA manuals, and have found zip on spiral shank nails.

In Simpson's catalogs they compare a 10d common and a 8d spiral, and the adjustable shear ratio is 0.83.
10d common vs 10d spiral has an adjustable shear ratio of 1.0.

Seems that spiral shank has an equal shear value of common.

I have a 7d spiral shank installed on a job and am trying to come up with diaphragm values. It has a diam= 0.99" and L=2-1/4". I am trying to compare this to shear values using 6d commons.

Since I have a relatively small shear, seems like they are an equal subsitution, I would be OK even if I had to reduce the value by 0.75.

Please CC me directly if you don't mind: akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com

Regards,
Andrew Kester, PE
ADK Structural Engineering, PLLC
Lake Mary, FL