From: Sanjay.Sehdev(--nospam--at)fluor.com
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Re: Design Checking - Here and Now and Future of Engineering
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 08:20:13 +0530

Could anybody throw some light on what  BIM movement stands for?

"refugio rochin" <fugeeo(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
12/13/2006 07:24 PM
Please respond to seaint

seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
cc

Subject
Design Checking - Here and Now and Future of Engineering

Recently I read an editorial from the magazine ICE from the Institution of
Civil Engineers, and it discussed the future of design in relationship to
the new kind of designs we are encountering in Structures.  In the
developments, there is the BIM movement and FEMs which people are
utilizing more and more for design.  For the future and the here and now,
the movements in structural engineering design will be away from the
design aspect, and concentrating on the checking aspects.  Global checks,
and Overall stability ...  among other issues.

How do the engineers of SEAINT view these changes?  Is it a reality?  What
are ways engineers these days are using to generate global checks on
buildings?  And what other issues are found?

Hopefully together we can generate a set of tools to effectively evaluate
a whole building, and leave behind a modern method for our future
generation to pick up and carry forward into their own developments.

the views of the company.