RE: Design Checking - Here and Now and Future of Engineering

Jordan,

10 or 15 months, maybe, not years.  Your argument is precisely identical
to the same argument made when CAD first arrived.  Who hand-draws now?
I'm essentially a one man office and I'd NEVER go back. I work on one
off, custom homes and also cookie cutter grocery stores.  The two are
both small and both love BIM.

Spend $3K and 60 days of training and become my consultant. When you get
my stuff, the model is already built.  Size the beams and send it back.
I adjust the model and send it back to you.  Detail it. Poof, we're
done. Its way-cool.

--Don

For the majority of us, I don't think it's worth it...yet. That will
change. For the biggest projects, and tightly integrated teams, that
efficiency point is already here. For the most of us I think it will
probably be ten more years, maybe fifteen, before it becomes economical.

For some of us, it will be even longer.

Jordan