Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2006 6:16 AM
Subject: Concrete Staining

Does anyone have experience with a stained (stained on purpose to create a design) slab used in an exterior application where it will be subjected to de-icing slabs ?  This is stained concrete, where just the surface is stained, not integrally colored concrete.

Does the staining process make the concrete more susceptible to deterioration from the salts than regular concrete?  Note that I am asking about deterioration of the concrete (scaling), not corrosion.

Is there a particular type of de-icing salt that is recommended for stained concrete ?

Gail Kelley