BLAST RESISTANT DESIGN

Sanjay wrote:

Hi
I am looking for a good book or software to  design a steel frame work to
resist blast load. Can anybody give me a lead?
Sanjay

REPLY

If you want to know what you are doing, it is better to start with a book.
There is an old-time classic

EXPLOSION HAZARDS AND EVALUATION
By W.E. Baker et al
Elsevier Scientific, 1983.

For steel framework, you do not need a code with an extensive dynamic capability.
You may go for one if you wish, but it will be a long learning curve and will not pay.

Sincerely, Gregory from Oz