Re: Driveway surcharge on retaining wall

Hey, if you hit rock, that's great! A couple of pins can do wonders for shear. Is it good rock you can use for uplift under the stem with epoxy anchors, or just "hard stuff the contractor doesn't want to dig though"? If it's the former, and you can come up with some conservative properties, you might just come out looking like a hero.

Jordan

jrgrill(--nospam--at)cableone.net wrote:

Jordan,

I had already designed it with a key, but the footing sets on solid rock which wasn't known to be at the elevation it is when things were designed. Of course, he doesn't want to chip out a keyway from the bedrock. I have received new design criteria from the geotech for the redesign, but I guess they get what they get.

Thank you,

Joe