Costs of Tenant Improvements

Can anyone provide costs of tenant improvements for offices.

I have a 4 story building in which each floor is approx. 9500 sq. ft. The
owner is providing $38/ sq. ft. and this is turning out to be about
$20/sq. ft. or $200,000 short of the contractor estimate for the third
floor.

The Tenant Improvements are partitions, ceiling, HVAC distribution (the
unit is furnished and is on the roof), fire sprinklers/alarms, carpet,
etc.
The building has rest rooms and elevators in place.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Civil Engineer
Laguna Beach, CA