Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
FEMA / AISC Moment Frames[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: SEAINT <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: FEMA / AISC Moment Frames
- From: "Jake Watson" <jake.watson1(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 09:44:24 -0700
We have begun using the new AISC moment frame standard. Recently, we have used the Unstiffened End Plate detail per FEMA. FEMA requires a maximum beam depth of W24 for SMRF's (see table 3-8). The new AISC spec sets a minimum beam size of 25" for the "4E" connection (see table 6.1). What gives? Is there a typo somewhere?
Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT
- Prev by Subject: Re: Engineering in Mexico
- Next by Subject: Re: FEMA / AISC Moment Frames
- Previous by thread: RE: Footing protection
- Next by thread: RE: FEMA / AISC Moment Frames (UNCLASSIFIED)