From: Jake Watson [mailto:jake.watson1(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 7:44 AM
To: SEAINT
Subject: FEMA / AISC Moment Frames

We have begun using the new AISC moment frame standard.  Recently, we have
used the Unstiffened End Plate detail per FEMA.  FEMA requires a maximum beam
depth of W24 for SMRF's (see table 3-8).  The new AISC spec sets a minimum
beam size of 25" for the "4E" connection (see table 6.1).  What gives?  Is
there a typo somewhere?

Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED