Re: FEMA / AISC Moment Frames

SEE TWO FEMA 350 SPREADSHEETS I DEVELOPED
FOR BUEP AND BSEP CONNECTIONS.

efuge.pbwiki.com
use link maintain de
then free structural engineering spreadsheets.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE THE UPDATED VERSION,
I JUST HAVE NOT PUT IT ON THE SITE YET.
SEND ME AN EMAIL, I WILL FORWARD IT.
UPDATES THANKS TO MARK JOHNSON.

On 12/20/06, Jake Watson <jake.watson1(--nospam--at)gmail.com > wrote:
We have begun using the new AISC moment frame standard.  Recently, we have used the Unstiffened End Plate detail per FEMA.  FEMA requires a maximum beam depth of W24 for SMRF's (see table 3-8).  The new AISC spec sets a minimum beam size of 25" for the "4E" connection (see table 6.1).  What gives?  Is there a typo somewhere?

Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT