railroad ties - strength

I have a job where they want to use 7"x9" railroad ties. These are recycled from various places throughout the SE US, literally taken up from railroad beds.

Does anyone have any information regarding bending stresses?

I have already run numbers, and with the post spacing and retained soil I will have, a 2x8 would work for the worse case bottom board. I cannot imagine these things being so weak that they would not work.

I have already googled and looked on AWC website..

Thanks!
Andrew

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1