RE: lateral torsional buckling

Andrew

That reminds me of another illustrative example, a letter in IStructE journal a few years ago, used a steel tape measure to explain the different modes of failure. That’s a really slender cantilever beam that definitely twists and fails.

Regards

Steven CONRAD Harrison

B.Tech (mfg & mech), MIIE, gradTIEAust

Roy Harrison & Associates