Welded elbows in carbon steel pipes

I have a project with a carbon steel pipe running some miles, transporting water. The pipe will has buried portions and above ground portions. I am wondering how the welded elbows would be. Due the slightest vertical directions changes from the topography, standard elbows of 90, 45 and 22.5 degrees will not be enough to accommodate the pipe route geometry. A profile would be generated with the arbitrary angles for the elbows. Another options is to select a set of ‘project standard elbows’ and then generate a profile with this set of elbows. How is the standard procedure for this work? All the elbows are shop-fabricated or some are field-fabricated?

Jorge Jimenez, PE