Re: Welded elbows in carbon steel pipes

There is some "play" in the alignment of the field welded joints.  Using this joint fit tolerance you can get some change in direction without installing a pipe fitting.  Also, what size pipe are you using.  Smaller diameter pipes have some flexibility to allow a gradual sweep to help with your change in pipe invert elevation changes.

Paul.
Phoenix