Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: concrete topping on plywood floor sheathing[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: concrete topping on plywood floor sheathing
- From: "Ben Yousefi" <Ben.Yousefi(--nospam--at)SMGOV.NET>
- Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:31:13 -0800
- Disposition-notification-to: "Ben Yousefi" <Ben.Yousefi(--nospam--at)SMGOV.NET>
I have never seen it done and doubt it can be. Diaphragms need to have a positive means of transferring the loads to the vertical lateral force resisting system. In this case there is no connection from the topping to those elements. In addition, there are no code provisions that allow such construction. the only place it is allowed is over precast floor system.
Ben Yousefi, SE
From: Bruce Holcomb
I’m looking for design information for concrete topping over plywood floor sheathing, but haven’t found anything. Typically, I haven’t needed to consider any shear capacity from the topping, but I have a project that I am not getting enough capacity from the plywood and thought I’d explore the shear capacity of the topping. Can this be done? Anybody know what computer program to use? (Just kidding… I mean do you know of any references?) And how do I get the shear load into / out of the concrete topping? Thanks!
Bruce D. Holcomb, PE, SE
Vice President & Structural Engineer
YOUR VISION. OUR FOCUS.
- Prev by Subject: Re: concrete topping on plywood floor sheathing
- Next by Subject: RE: concrete topping on plywood floor sheathing
- Previous by thread: Re: concrete topping on plywood floor sheathing
- Next by thread: RE: concrete topping on plywood floor sheathing