Re: eccentric braced frames

There is a Steel Tips on EBF's you can download from AISC or http://www.steeltips.org/

I have seen the link done with WF braces and Tube Steel Braces.

Not sure about pre-qualification, but I don't think you need to have full scale testing of this done, that's only for SMRF's. If you are using Moment Connections @ the end of the beams (which I think is required), those should follow the FEMA guidelines.

I'm sure someone who does these all the time could help better.
-g