Re: eccentric braced frames

Bruce,

As far as I know, prequalified connections only apply to "moment" frame connections.  You will need to slog out the numbers per Section 15 of the AISC Seismic Provisions.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"Bruce Holcomb" <bholcomb(--nospam--at)brpae.com>
01/05/2007 01:06 PM
Please respond to seaint
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
eccentric braced frames

Are there any references with prequalified connections for eccentric braced frames?  I’m looking designing an eccentric braced frame (inverted V) with a link for the brace to beam connection.  I definitely don’t want to do qualification testing… are there prequalifed connections for this condition?

Bruce D. Holcomb, PE, SE
Butler, Rosenbury & Partners
Springfield, Missouri
Phoenix, Arizona