Anti Virus Software

I have been using Grisoft's AVG anti virus software (free version) for the past five years. I am sure there are many more list members who are happy users of the, free, AVG software.

Recently, at start up, a message is  popping out stating that the free version will not be available after 1/15/2007. Are there anyone else receiving similar message?

Before I open my wallet to purchase one, I would like to know if there is other free and reliable anti virus software?

Thanks.

Rajendran