Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Foundation settlement[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Foundation settlement
- From: "Jimenez, Jorge A." <jajimenez(--nospam--at)csagroup.com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 15:51:46 -0400
There is a practical limits for settlement and it depends on the use of the structure. For example, excessive settlements could be detrimental for water-supply lines and other utilities. This would be a matter of consulting with other disciplines.
Jorge Jimenez, PE
From: Mark L. Puccio
Does anyone know of a published standard that states what typical allowable foundation and or SOG settlements can be. I am looking for something similar to the allowable deflection criteria in table 1604.3 of IBC 2003 but for foundation settlement.
Also, is there a published Structural Engineers Code of Ethics or Standard of Care –
Mark L. Puccio P.E.,S.E.
MP-Squared Structural Engineers
- Prev by Subject: RE: Foundation settlement
- Next by Subject: RE: Foundation settlement
- Previous by thread: RE: Foundation settlement
- Next by thread: RE: Foundation settlement