Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
bolts in bending[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: bolts in bending
- From: "Andrew Kester, PE" <akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:00:11 -0500
I have a connection in which the bolts will be subject to shear and bending because of a cantilever. I have looked in the AISC Manual and online, and the only thing that comes close to adressing this was from AISC.org FAQ:
"The AISC specification does not have an equation for combining the effects of tension, shear, and bending on anchor rods."
That is for anchor rods, but not sure about bolts. Does AISC allow this or have an equation for checking them? I am doing my best to talk the client into another option but this is a tricky, as built situation we are dealing with. I am not talking about prying, it is a 4" cantilever.
Thanks in advance, please CC me directly also.
Andrew Kester, PE
ADK Structural Engineering, PLLC
Lake Mary, FL
BEGIN:VCARD VERSION:2.1 N:Andrew Kester;PE FN:Andrew Kester, PE EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com REV:20070110T170011Z END:VCARD
- Prev by Subject: Re: Bearing Stiffeners
- Next by Subject: Re: bolts in bending
- Previous by thread: re: condo fee proposal
- Next by thread: Re: bolts in bending