RE: History, Not Politics

I'm not sure how I got on a political mailing list, but could someone tell me how to unsubscribe?
-----Original Message-----
From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 9:51 AM
To: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
Subject: History, Not Politics

"We have been led into a trap from which it will be hard to escape with dignity and honor.  We have been tricked into it by a withholding of information.  The Baghdad communiques are belated, insincere, incomplete.  Things have been far worse than we have been told.  Our administration more bloody and inefficient than the public knows.  We are today not far from disaster."  (T. E. Lawrence dispatch from Iraq, 1919, as reported by The Berkeley Daily Planet newspaper)

"If these people are crazy enough to kill each other over religious differences, the United States has no business being in the middle."  (letter in today's San Francisco Chronicle)

I strongly supported overthrowing Saddam's regime but now find myself ruing every additional American life (3000 and counting) and dollar ($300,000,000,000 and counting) wasted there.  Think what we could have done here at home with that money -- practically every program and tax cut anybody could think of.  I am thankful that none of my family is "over there" and am sorry for those who are.

Sincerely,

Ralph