Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
OT: SE's in movies and TV[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: OT: SE's in movies and TV
- From: "Gerard Madden, SE" <gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:35:17 -0800
I was watching The Towering Inferno last night on AMC.
At the end of the movie, the fire chiefs and a Structural Engineer tell Steve McQueen of their plan to put out the fire in the fictitious world's tallest building in San Francisco.
Is that the first occurrence of a Structural Engineer in film or TV? I love it how they interrupt him as he tries to get technical and explain his calcs that the building will sustain the forces from the water and explosion...meanwhile he basically saves all their asses with the idea.
I know there is Prison Break now (which I still watch, but is completely ridiculous and has little engineering stuff in it anymore, except that it keeps the fact that the guy is very smart alive).
There was Space Cowboys with Donald Sutherland as an SE / Astronaut.
- Prev by Subject: Re: OT: gas price (was Geotech reports)
- Next by Subject: Re: OT: SE's in movies and TV
- Previous by thread: RE: history, not politics
- Next by thread: RE: SE's in movies and TV