From: "jrgrill(--nospam--at)cableone.net" <jrgrill(--nospam--at)cableone.net>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: residential surcharge to Ret. wall

<P>Dennis,</P>
<P>Good to hear from you!&nbsp; This is a residence on a sloping lot and th=
ere will be no daylight basement.&nbsp; At the downhill end, the "designer"=
, and contractor wish to fill to the floor elevation instead of framing the=
floor.&nbsp; Therefore, the walls in question are exterior foundation wall=
s. There will be (at the tallest condition) about 6.5' of exposed face of t=
he wall and about 7' of fill behind.&nbsp; The slab-on-grade which will be =
the living area floor is cast on the fill side of the wall.&nbsp; There are=
axial loads to the stem, but I have taken that in to account.&nbsp; My que=
stion is a LL surcharge due to the living area whih is at the fill side of =
the wall required for the wall/footing design.</P>
<P>Hope this is a little more clear.