Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[no subject][Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- From: "Chance, Acie" <AChance(--nospam--at)lacsd.org>
- Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:21:06 -0800
I have a job where the slab on grade for a residential building is bonded pretensioned. I have a good idea of the location of the prestressing strands and will need to cut two of these prestressing strands to place a new foundation for a new column. I would like to cut a channel into the existing slab parallel to and near the cut tendons. The channel would continue over the new foundation. A new tendon could then be epoxy into the channel. My problem is I do not know of a way to stress and anchor the new strands over the new foundation and existing slab. I have some doughty if it is needed but I would like to keep things as near to original as possible. If anyone has any experience with a similar slab I would like to hear it.
- From: Marlou B. Rodriguez, S.E.
- Prev by Subject: [no subject]
- Next by Subject: RE:
- Previous by thread: Re: Existing Buildings
- Next by thread: RE: