Tel: (408) 432-4866

From: Chance, Acie [mailto:AChance(--nospam--at)lacsd.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 3:21 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

     I have a job where the slab on grade for a residential building is bonded pretensioned.  I have a good idea of the location of the prestressing strands and will need to cut two of these prestressing strands to place a new foundation for a new column.  I would like to cut a channel into the existing slab parallel to and near the cut tendons. The channel would continue over the new foundation.  A new tendon could then be epoxy into the channel.  My problem is I do not know of a way to stress and anchor the new strands over the new foundation and existing slab.  I have some doughty if it is needed but I would like to keep things as near to original as possible.  If anyone has any experience with a similar slab I would like to hear it.

Thank You
Acie Chance