Re: Partial grout CMU shear wall

I use partial grouted walls walls all the time in my area. I heard California requires fully grouted?

Here is one basic reference I have used before:
http://www.usace.army.mil/publications/armytm/tm5-809-3/chap5.pdf

The rest:
http://www.usace.army.mil/publications/armytm/tm5-809-3/

Will

On 1/12/07, David Topete <dtopete(--nospam--at)gfdseng.com> wrote:

I'm analyzing and designing for a supermarket that's enlarging, and has been added on over the years.  A lot like the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose.  Original construction is 6" concrete tilt-up.  Addition 1 was partial grout masonry, 30yrs ago.  Addition 2 was an extension on Add'n 1, and partial grout CMU as well.  Is there a reference out there for analysis and/or design of partial grout masonry?  This is hollow concrete block with bond beams at 48"o/c max., and vertical steel at 32" or 48"o/c.  Any help is much appreciated.

David A. Topete, SE

Structural Engineer

GFDS Engineers

543 Howard St., First Floor