Re: Existing Buildings

Will,

I think that Bill hit the nail on the head.  Others have talked about what
may or may not be in the code and whether or not your jurisdiction has
adopted some sort of existing buidling code, but keep Bill's comment in
mind.  Ultimately, no matter what the code may or may not say, there is
also still the matter of a "standard of care".  And there would be a good
arguement that a "standard of care" would be to use current thinking (i.e.
current code provisions) or at least reasonable current thinking.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI