RE: current cost per square foot of construction for commercial Home Depot building in Los Angeles area

We are currently constructing a supermarket, (CMU walls w/ steel bar joist/panelized roof) in the NoCal.  Soup to nuts, nothing too fancy, 22,000sf and including site work, $3.1m.  We have concluded that NoCal is about 5% higher cost than SoCal.  Hope this helps.

--DB

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Wish [mailto:dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net]
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 2:16 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: current cost per square foot of construction for commercial Home Depot building in Los Angeles area

I received a call from an engineer who is not online. He asked if I can find out the average cost of construction on a large commercial building such as a Home Depot using either a concrete tilt-up or a masonry wall exterior with panelized roof construction. Assume Los Angeles expansive soils on a flat compacted building site with expansive soils and a slab on grade with the typical loading dock and sloping truck bays. I don’t have a feel for this, but told him that I would ask the question and see if I could get an approximate price per square foot for a similar building.

Thanks,

Dennis