From: Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc. [mailto:ghodgson(--nospam--at)bellnet.ca]
Sent: January 13, 2007 7:57 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Bearing Stiffeners

Dave,
CSA S16.1-2004 does not have anything specific addressing bearing
stiffeners connections in this regard, but clause 21.5 on compression
members states that members finished to fit in contact "shall have
sufficient fasteners or welds to hold all parts securely in place". The
previous edition required you to design for 50% of the compression force
being transmitted - I liked that better. Hope this helps.
Gary