Construction Cost of Masonry or Tilt-up in Los Angeles

I tried to send this last week but don’t know if it went through. An engineer who is not on the Internet called me to see if I could give him an approximate cost per square foot for a large Home Depot type building – Masonry or Tilt-up Concrete with 24 foot walls and a panelized roof system set on a slab on grade. Assume typical L.A. County expansive Clay Soil, can anyone estimate the construction cost on a square foot basis that I can provide him? I do not know much about this other than what I have told you. Assume that there is probably a loading dock with a lower truck access and that the actual dock is at the same elevation as the top of slab on grade. This would imply that the ramp down for the truck is retaining soil on at least two sides and that the drop down foundation for the slab is extended and retaining soil.

I would appreciate a range of construction square foot prices from those who may have some experience in Southern California. Please indicate if the construction cost is prevailing wage or non-union labor fees to use for comparison.

TIA,

Dennis