RE: WT to HSS Out of Plane Moment Connection

Title: WT to HSS Out of Plane Moment Connection

Jim

Not familiar with your abbreviations, but I guess HSS, is a hollow section. There have been a few research papers published in recent years concerning connections to hollow steel sections: IStructE Journal , and the Australian Institute of Steel Construction (AISC Now Australian Steel Institute ASI), the ASI has a specific publication on such connections. I would assume AISC(US) has similar publication.

From what I recollect of the recent research papers, yield-line theory was used to model the failure of the hollow section plate elements.

Regards

Steven CONRAD Harrison

B.Tech (mfg & mech), MIIE, gradTIEAust