Re: Ordinary Truss Moment Frame

Yeah,

IIRC, there isn't a whole lot out there on STMF's.

Personally, I would be okay with it as you described with the OMEGA LEVEL FORCES and would also make sure the columns, chords and diagonal web members can take OMEGA level forces.

Make sure the block shear is checked at the shear tab at the WF along with coping reductions.

Is this a Staggered Truss System or is this a roof element? The staggered truss system is problematic I believe because of the discontinuity and tranfer diaphragms. I would think that bracing the system out of plane for both top and bottom chords would be important as well.

-g