Re: Ordinary Truss Moment Frame

Quoting "Gerard Madden, SE" <gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com>:

Is this a Staggered Truss System or is this a roof element? The staggered
truss system is problematic I believe because of the discontinuity and
tranfer diaphragms. I would think that bracing the system out of plane for
both top and bottom chords would be important as well.

No it's not a staggered truss system. It's similar in configuration to a typical moment frame; just that there is a bottom chord (HSS member) about 3' below the top chord WF.