Re: Ordinary Truss Moment Frame

So are they doing this to reduce drift or keep the depth of the truss down?

-g

On 1/17/07, garyg(--nospam--at)structuralstuff.com <garyg(--nospam--at)structuralstuff.com> wrote:
Quoting "Gerard Madden, SE" <gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com>:

> Is this a Staggered Truss System or is this a roof element? The staggered
> truss system is problematic I believe because of the discontinuity and
> tranfer diaphragms. I would think that bracing the system out of plane for
> both top and bottom chords would be important as well.

No it's not a staggered truss system.  It's similar in configuration
to a typical moment frame; just that there is a bottom chord (HSS
member) about 3' below the top chord WF.

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org

--
-gm