Re: Trus Joist TJ-Shear Panels

Scott,

I'm a Hardy Frame guy, but I'm sure the TrusJoists wall has similar documentation. These walls DO NOT need to meet the aspect ratio requirements for shearwalls since they have ICC approvals.

Hardy gives you the most strength for the length of the thing (shear/ft) and have easy to use tables and details. They are extremely common in california. I think truss joist was a late entry into this after Hardy and SImpson, not sure what their wall does better than the other two.

-g